Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Jalapeno??

Options
pplkook
pplkook Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All

I am doing pulled pork for some friends for dinner tomorrow - co workers from all over the world. Anyway, I was going to do ABTs, but I have so much other stuff going on, and I have to work all day, I didn't want to over do it.

So...I have a dozen Jalapeno Peppers - anyone ever tried smoking them to get a little chipotle flavor? If so details would be cool...

Thanks in advance

Jack

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Jack - Do the ABT's! Not a person on the planet we've served them to that didn't love 'em!! :woohoo:
    Prepare the ABT's this evening....totally ready to go on the grill...keep em in a baggie for the night, then all you gotta do is pop em onto the egg tomorrow! :laugh: The ABT's are a whole lot less work than smoking jalepenos properly. The smoked jalepenos won't be edible alone...but the pulp can be used as an addition to chiles or whatever you want to kick up a notch.
    I'd prep the ABT's tonight, ready to throw on the grill tomorrow. (THe only problem is avoiding the true temptation of throwing them into the egg tonight...then there's none left for your company!) :S :whistle:
    Hope your meal is an absolute success! Let us know how it goes! (What else is on the menu?) :huh:
    Michelle
    Hollywood, FL