Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Someone said, "Wait 'til you try steaks."

Options
Grand Oeuf Vert
Grand Oeuf Vert Posts: 1,631
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, that time was tonight.
No more fancy Steakhouses for me.
I got 'um beat.
Hum, maybe I'll open my own.
I can see it now..."GOV's BGE Steakhouse" and "Pizza House" and "Chicken House" and many more to come!
JeffBrown007.jpg
JeffBrown008.jpg

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    just wait. it will get better,,, usda choice [sorry i am not familiar with canadian grading] on the egg is better than prime at a steak house..
    the plus is.... $20 and some lump is better than $400 at mortons .. and you can 'party' [wine is $15 a bottle not a glass] and not have to drive home .. it does not get much better than that ...
    you're hooked go buy a mini
    bill
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    A mini? Heck, I still don't have a thermopen yet.
    By the way, the pens are $119 up here. That's about $95 US. Seems a bit steep. Might wait until Mid Egglantic and pick one or both up down there.
  • Tenn Smoker
    Tenn Smoker Posts: 123
    Options
    Great looking cow. You guys are right on, no more high dollar dinners for my family. I have not tried steaks yet guess I'm just waiting. Looking forward to my first london broil.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    If you order it from down here and someone will ship to you you will be less. Shipping to Canada on small weight items is as cheap or cheaper than shipping here in the US.

GG
  • BananaChipz
    BananaChipz Posts: 207
    Options
    GOV:

Where'd you get your Egg? Ontario Gas BBQ?

I've been lurking here for sometime, as I'm going to pick up a large at the Demo Day on April 4.

BTW.. they are the only folks I found with Thermapens. Even with the sale price from thermoworks, with shipping, duties, taxes etc you're almost up to $119 CDN.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Ping Mollyshark, not sure if she shippes to CA but if the customs form is marked as a gift (you are buying it as a gift to someone aren't you) there is no duty or CA Tax.

Just a thought.

GG
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Bought my BGE at Lakeshore Living in Stoney Creek.
    www.llstoneycreek.com or 905-643-6888 ask for Nick.
    At least you can compare pricing. He has wiggle room.
    Everyone seems to think I got a great deal. I think so too! Large w/compact table and other toys. $1,600.
    (ON Gas and BBQ is where I will be getting the pen from.)
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    You are spot on! We just made fillet mignon tonight (hand cut from a tenderloin to make even less expensive). You can't beat ribeyes or fillet on the Egg. Kiss my booty, Ruths Chris and Mortons!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This