Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Carwash Mike

Options
Nucman
Nucman Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I absolutely love using your method for cooking ribs!! I feel that I am getting better with every cook. The problem I face is that I can't seem to get consistantcy with the rib purchase. I always buy baby backs. Sometimes they are GREAT and sometimes they have lots of fat. I thought that maybe one time I got some bad ones because they were on sale but it turned out that the same thing happened at regular price. I always try to get the nicest looking ones at about the 3-4lb range but even though they look nice on the outside, they can still have a lot of fat inside. I cooked some yesterday that looked nice but when it came time to eat, they were fatty. The meaty part was VERY tender but had fat. Do you have any tips on buying "good" ribs? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I tell you, When the ribs are not fatty, using this method turns out "Slap Ya Mamma" results!

Thanks again,

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. Sad to say, but the best rib or any cut for that matter will be the top one. Learned that in the grocery business. So at Sams I just make sure the first baby back looks great, I know I have at least one. :sick: Next time, when finishing up, take off the part with no fat. Leave the ribs on with fat and bump temp up to 275 to maybe render the rest of the fat out.

Mike
  • Nucman
    Nucman Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Will definitely try next time.