Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hear Spring is two weeks away......

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
But I don't think soooooooo......
IMG_0217.jpg
Just took this pic a few minutes ago after cooking up some grub. Kinda kozy inside base camp but I see little rips in the canopy. This snow is heavy so I broom it off when I can. I'm just glad it has held up this long. Anyway, Beli asked what was cooking so I took a few pic's... First, Diana Q was busy makin pies in the kitchen.
IMG_0213.jpg
While I got some hot dogs, Italian sausage and chicken pieces going on the egg. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Hey Clay, whadja put on that chicken. Looks great!!!
  • Clay Q
    Options
    AZRP, the Master of Chicken, taught me to dust with flour and corn starch. I dust in a paper grocery bag, shake and bake style, then toss in the egg. After about a half hour cooking I brush with melted butter and add seasoning to both sides. Then I turned it a few times until the chicken was done. I was at 375 dome indirect but I prefer 400 for better browning.
    Give it a try. ;)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Clay, The food looks great BUT at 75 degrees hear you can keep the white stuff!! :pinch:
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Well I guess I gotta keep it then. :laugh:
    The cold and snow is not so bad unless I'm itchen for a ride on the scooter. All in good time.
    Hey buddy, saw your pic's of the fish cookin....wow, that's a lota seafood!
    Send me up some of your 75 degrees and I'll send you down some 25....that will make it a balmy 55 degrees for me. Is it a deal? ;)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Clay,

My internet is so slow it still hasn't downloaded the pics. The first couple looked great. We haven't had any snow in a week or wo but we'll have a couple more heavy ones, Cheers

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Clay Q
    Options
    Hey Steve,
    I don't know if this weather is headin your way. It's gonna end tonight then tomorrow morning after breakfast I'll be flingin a shovel and firing up the snowthrower.
    Jlockhart is gonna send up some warm wind to help me with the shoveling. :whistle:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Jeez Clay, I planted my garden today. Tomatoes, peppers, herbs, etc. Not expecting any more frosts this year. -RP
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    Clay,

I just sent you an email. I'd appreciate your response.

Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Clay Q
    Options
    I grow a garden also, frost is gone by Memorial Day so I plant then.
    Right now all I can do is read the seed catalogs after shoveling out the driveway. I got an 8 horse snowthrower for backup.

Thanks for the tip with flour and cornstarch on chicken, by the way. :cheer:
  • Clay Q
    Options