Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nailed the Pizza...Time for Shoutouts

Options
Bluecrab3
Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few Sunday Shoutouts. Finally nailed the pizza. It has been an ongoing project. I have used a combo method that Bob S, Fidel (the Eggmaster in my humble opinion), and Midnight Smoker all helped me with. Here's how it went down:

Created pizza on parchment paper:
CopyofEgg071.jpg

Preheated egg to 500*. Setup was platesetter with feet down, 3 female copper couplings to create space, and pizza stone on top--let stabilize for 20 minutes before placing pie with parchment paper on stone:

Egg072.jpg

A few Royal Oak Friends hanging out during the cook:
Egg075.jpg

Cheese for the kids:
Egg073.jpg
Egg074.jpg
Pepperoni, green peppers, and onions for Dad and Mom:
Egg076.jpg

I removed the paper about half way through for no reason other than to make a connection between dough and stone. After first pie, I wiped the stone with damp towel to decrease temp a little because I have had burned crust issues in the past (prior to this method.) Crust was perfect on both with NO BURN.

Thanks to all for the help, and especially thanks to my man DC HOG for turning me on to the egg 2 years ago. He is a great American.

cid__IMG00083.jpg

Comments