Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Banana Bread

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

EggHatter couldn't get herself to throw out a couple of very dark bananas so she mixed up a couple of loaves of bread tonight and I took them off the Egg a few minutes ago.

Here are a couple of pics of them...
P3070923.jpg

and with a slice missing...
P3070922.jpg

The slice is missing because while I was shutting down the Egg the local "community patrol", stopped and was coming around back to check our neighbor's house. One of them asked if they were in time for dinner and I told her that dinner was over, but we did have some banana bread just off the Egg. She had never seen a BGE up close, so I had them come to the ODK, plus gave them a sample of the bread. She went away happy and not believing we could cook this on a grill.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hi Jay, I love banana bread - that looks delish!!!!

See you in Ocala.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Banana bread is one of my favorites :) I have not egged it yet and will have to try it. But I do have to say that is quite a "SLICE" LOL looks more like she ripped it out of your hands! :)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Looks great, Jay! I'm going to do a couple of those at the fest. I hope you're planning on shrimp burgers Friday night.......lent, you know!! :P
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning John:

Sorry to say we won't be there on Friday at all...so you're on your own for a non-meat dish. As of right now it will only be me on Saturday. There is a church event we are both supposed to be at on Saturday morning, but I'm coming to Ocala and Kathy is going to the event (she's in charge so she really didn't have an option). I'm trying to convince her to drive up after the meeting (would get to Ocala about 2:30pm), but so far she says she isn't.

See you soon.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Blue Ridge Smoke
    Options
    Funny, the kids were begging me to try banana bread on the egg this afternoon. Yours certainly looks very good!