Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tandoori Style Chicken w/ Riata

Options
Cory430
Cory430 Posts: 1,073
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally a food pic. It's been awhile since I've made something different enough to warrant a pic :blush:

These were made using a recipe from Cooks Illustrated. They weren't bad. I think I liked the Riata better than the chicken.
DSC01046.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

Comments

• DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    That looks great. There is a korean style of BBQ where the patrons grill their own food on a fire right at the table. I have been thinkin of a way to do tandori/yakitori style cooks right at the table with a mini. As soon as I can vent at the dining table I will make it happen.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    The yardbird sure looks tastey. Isn't Riata a fancy way to say thousand island dressing?
    Just jivin ya.
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    http://korin.com/Hida-Konro

wait until summer and do it outside.

yakitori is great on the mini and korin has all the bamboo skewers you can imagine .

or e-mail zippy and ask to see the pics of the mini in his fireplace
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    bill wrote:
    http://korin.com/Hida-Konro

wait until summer and do it outside.

yakitori is great on the mini and korin has all the bamboo skewers you can imagine .

or e-mail zippy and ask to see the pics of the mini in his fireplace

Thanks for the link. I was planning some outdoor cooks in the summer but I know there is a way to get this event indoors during the winter. It is great fun for everyone.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I read that issue and saw the article. Looks like you did a great job. Only thing that turned me off about it was the Thousand Island or some kind of cream dressing in it if I remember correctly. :blink: