Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket help

Options
CR
CR Posts: 175
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I have a 7 pound brisket and would expect it to take about 10 to 12 hours to cook. If I start it the night before it will probable be done way to early; if I start it in the morning, say 6a.m. it will be done way too late.[p]Should I cut it in half to reduce cooking time? If I start it the night before it will be done 5-6 hours too soon and I don't think that the wrap in a towel and put in a ice chest method will work for that long of a time?[p]Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]Thanks

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    CR,
    You could always cook it at a lower temperature so that it will take longer. 2 hours per pound would be 14 hours. Put it on the fire at 11pm and you are done at 1pm. Then you can wrap it in foil and towels and put it in a cooler. The virtual weber bullet website (www.virtualweberbullet.com) has a section on keeping meats warm after a cook that you might want to look at. In fact, he also has a lot of info on doing brisket with times and temps.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz