Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

marinade/vac. seal

Options
Cactus Doug
Cactus Doug Posts: 341
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone use their vac. sealer to marinade meat? If you do, does it marinade things better or faster?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Doug,

Yes it does, do you have the marinade containers or are you doing it in the bags?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yes.

Faster maybe, but I couldn't really say better.

I mainly use it to marinate flank/flat iron steaks for fajitas.
  • Buckethead
    Options
    It should take the marinade into the meat rather than soaking. We use vacume tumblers to suck in the moisture on a little bit larger scale. 2,000 lbs at a time. We use this process on bonless and bone in protiens.
    Doug
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Doug...

A great Vac. Tumbler is the Culinary Prep. It is a home unit with the vac. power of a commercial unit. The large drum will fit 2 14lb whole packer briskets in it. You can find them at www.culinaryprep.com . It is a great product, very sturdy and easy to use.

-Kevin
    Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • Cactus Doug
    Options
    I was thinking bags but I know there are canister/tumbler units on the market.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Get the canister. You can over do the marinade real easily.

The first time I did chicken I forgot it and it was in the canister in the fridge for about6 hours and the chicken came out mushy and tasting only of the marinade.

Now we do it in the canister but for only an hour at the most.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Cactus Doug,

The square ones are really good. Unless you have really ornary meat in there, you have to be careful not to over do it.

035-1.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON