Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amish Friendship Bread

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just polished off the last remaining piece of Amish Friendship Bread in my freezer. Or as my heart doctor calls it, "drove one more nail in my coffin."

But it was still as good as the first slice I ate months ago.

Thanks Kent...

Spring "Another Wonderful Experience Come And Gone" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

PS Don't be sending me any more starter. I need to lose a whole bunch of me this year.

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Options
    Am I in the will. Can I have a piece of plank from the roost. They do that when the update basketball floors (make framed squares of the floor)

Be sure the nail is not too deep. We need a chicken around for a while longer ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Ha... "Dearly Departed" isn't exactly the words I'm looking to hear anytime soon. So I only have a 'First Will & Testament' and it leaves everything to ME. Especially the Chicken Coop.

But you're welcome to come spend some time on the floor and perhaps one of the Girls will warm up to you.

Spring "There's No Place Like Coop" Chicken
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    My wife makes that stuff like eight loaves at a time. And she wonders why I'm "undertall." Thankfully, she takes a couple of loaves to church every Sunday so I don't eat it all :woohoo:
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    That is good stuff!
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Hey Leroy. "dearly departed" are word's YOU won't hear :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    You are more than welcome Leroy.

I lost my starter and 10 day test bag when my freezer went on the fritz. Got to get some more from my daughter.

Kent
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    So, here is a convoluted post!!!! I’m good at that…So I’m told.
    Let us see if you can make sense of it?
    Well…He may not be able to hear…But who really knows for sure?? I have some trouble hearing these days! And, I like friendship breads! What’s it all mean?
    BTW, I didn’t know “friendship bread” could kill a guy!
    I thought it was faster women, cheaper horses and older whiskey…
    No, No, No……
    Faster whisky, cheaper women and older horses…
    No, No, No…...That’s not it either!
    Older women, faster horses and cheaper whiskey….Oh my gosh…It’s all muddled up at this point!
    But, no matter, I surely didn’t think it was “friendship bread” that was going to end “life as I know it”….Darn! I like the stuff!
    What’s the world coming to…After all????
    Friendship bread is a NO-NO???!!??
    And I just through it was a matter of the Wall-Street folk getting too much of nothing…That was mine in the first place!
    Friendship bread???? Who would have thunk?