Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp & Spuds

Options
Gunnar
Gunnar Posts: 2,307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was going to be a fish dinner inspired by a late lunch by Big’un yesterday only none of the fish in the store appealed to me. The main reason for this post is to recommend these potatoes posted by BobS recently. Recipe says to boil till tender, but the fire was going anyway so I baked them for about 30 minutes. Plus I like the flavor the lump adds to the potatoes. Then gently squish them and cook in butter to brown. I used garlic (butter) spread from Sam’s in the dainty 1 quart container.
shrimpandsmashedpotatoes004.jpg
Next time I’ll gently smack them with a spatula to expose more white of the potato. The one with the most exposed white that was brown and crisp was the best one. I’m sure the garlic spread didn’t hurt. I had the platesetter legs up and the cast iron on the platesetter (because I was too lazy to clean the grid and didn’t want to clean grease off both sides of the CI). The CI was pretty hot by then; I don’t think the shrimp made the 3 minute mark when I pulled them. They were also cooked in the garlic spread.
shrimpandsmashedpotatoes007.jpg
Anyway, the smashed potatoes make a great side that will go with about anything.
shrimpandsmashedpotatoes009.jpg
LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX

Comments