Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tater \'Za....

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...with all the tater toppings, sour cream, crumbled bacon and green onion tops....Added at the end of the cook. Had this for Sunday brunch.

DSC07133a.jpg

DSC07136b.jpg

DSC07130a.jpg

DSC07120a.jpg

DSC07122a.jpg

DSC07116a.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Nice deconstruction post...very creative.

Did you have to parboil the potatoes?
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Potato skin za..this makes sense, I'm still trying to get a grip on the pizza version. But will probably try most of what I see here!!!
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • thirdeye
    Options
    DSC07110a.jpg

You bet. I laid them atop an olive oil, Parmesan & herb paste, with some blue cheese chunks scattered around.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks like a premade crust (if not nice) do you have one you prefer i can get the mamma mary's (i think that is the name)it is pretty good but i have only made it with sauce.... so no chance for it to dry out... did you find this to be problematic???

looks really good!! very creative.. ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• thirdeye
    Options
    That is a Mamma Mary's thin crust. I cut 1/2" off the edge. There is an olive oil, herb, cheese paste under everything, it's just hard to see. I guess 2 or 3 tablespoons worth. I also drizzled some olive oil on top of the spuds before adding the cheese.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that looks like a really good appetizer before some good thick steaks.. thanks i have a really good friend of mine and he and his family comes over and we do some really fun eggin together (he loves the egg and just can't seem to be in front of the ball long enough to get one :( so he comes over with great expectations) this will be a really good thing for us to do.. i may add some roasted garlic because his fife insists on me making garlic roasted mashed potatoes but this might be another way to change this recipe (that i like but i am tired of making) kind of like a change of pace..

so thanks thirdeye..... again :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Looks good Wayne, kind of a twist on tater shins.

Mike