Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket help!

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 3 1/2 lb. trimmed, brisket flat. This cut of meat is very lean. I'm wanting to have some sliced or pulled brisket to go with the babybacks for mom's day.
Need help with time, temps, and method.
Thanks in advance.[p]CWM

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Cook indirect at 250-275°, Mike. Remove when internal temp reaches 195°. Wrap in foil and allow to rest one hour before pulling. The rest adds much to the texture, so don't omit it if you can help it. That's also a pretty small flat and most of the fat cap is probably trimmed away. I would cover the remaining fat cap with thick sliced bacon to add some extra moisture during the cook. Let us know how it goes![p]Jim

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    JSlot,
    Thanks, I do remember someone posting about the bacon awhile back. Is it cap side up or down, any drip pan? My indirect setup is placesetter then the grate for ribs.[p]CWM