Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Therapy: Multiple Eggs

Options
2»

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    If I drank it would be Narragansett!

"Have a 'Gansett!"
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Options
    Hmmm?
    By your numbers, it looks like the medium might be a beter second child.
    Got to investigate this more.

Thanks,
    Peter
  • omba
    Options
    Tonia,

That's the plan!
    Now trying to decide if the small or the medium would suit me best.
    Working on it!

And thanks,
    Peter
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    I went the other direction from most of the other respondents. I bought my Medium 10 years ago. I've cooked on it at least 2 or 3 times a week for 10 years and always thought about trading it for a large at some point, usually when I was trying to fit enough stuff on to feed guests. I bought a Large early last fall, with the intention of selling the Medium. I'm glad I procrastinated on the sales effort, because now I use the Medium just a little more than the Large, and have no regrets whatsoever about having both. Unless you're planning on traveling with it, I would carefully consider the Medium vs. Small as your next Egg.
  • omba
    Options
    Thanks, Jeff.
    That's exactly where my head is right now.
    I was inclined to get the small, but now I wonder about that medium instead. I know that most folks here would say, "Get both!" I just can't do that.
    Anyway ...
    My primary use is not travel.
    I want it primarily to just sear a couple of steks, or 4 pork chops, or maybe bake 4 potatoes, or even a half dozen chicken thighs.
    I do need to look at some photos out there or take the drive to the dealer.
    Should be an adventure.

Thanks again,
    peter
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Peter,

Just to give you an idea how my decision gets made, if it fits on the Medium, it goes on the Medium. That may be because after 10 years, I know pretty much how it's going to burn, and I'm just getting acquainted with the Large. But, it looks like Nature Boy is working along the same lines.
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    You want to sell the "little used small"? I have been wanting one and have been looking around. I can't talk "C" into a full price small yet. I check craigslist and also have asked the mothership about trades. I am looking at the small so I could pack it up and take it with us when we visit family in FL and around GA.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea that is mainley why i will end up keeping it... sorry but thanks for the offer

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb