Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Do I Bother?

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the weekend, the family and I went to Pittsburgh. On Sunday, we ate at one of their more popular Rib Joints. I had the baby back ribs. The best that I can figure is that they were straight from boil pot and poorly grilled with very little sauce. Furthermore, they did not even bother to remove the membrane. The sauce was thin and might as well have been Open Pit. The rack of ribs was small, about 18 bones. After I ate them I was still hungry. Normally, I would only eat about half a rack of my own rib due to the amount of meat on them.[p]I should have known better. [p]My son, on the other hand, had the kids’ portion of Prime Rib for $5.99. This was every bit as big a small adults’ portion (12 oz.?) and was very tasty. He ate it all gone.[p]On Friday night, we went to a steak house in Youngstown. I had the large filet. By itself, it was a nice chunk of aged Black Angus. However, they covered it with so much salty seasoni