Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many Superbowl Butts and Briskets Tonight?

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it's almost time (I'll wait until 2:00am) for a big ol' 10# butt to hit the Egg. How many others are doing the same? I'll see ya in the wee hours......

Here's a big Massachusetts go CAAAHHDS!!! Heck, we can't let the Steelahs get a sixth ring before the Pats.

Just kidding Steelers fans :lol: You have a great team!

Good luck to both ends of the USA B)

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    A 14# packer here - went on at 6 last night. After several overnighters without a pitminder, this is my first overnighter with a guru - slept well.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Hey Frank,
    so how do you like your GURU. Was it worth it? I swear by mine.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    It's great. Just like setting the thermostat on an oven.

In the beginning I felt like using a guru was kinda like cheating. :blink:

Then I started trying to justify the $$$. B)

Finally I took a leap of faith. ;)

Sure glad I did. :)

It more of a peace of mind thing to me.
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    After the Butt hit the Egg closer to 3:00 am I finally got to bed at 3:30am with a dome temp of 250......now, up again at 9:00 am with a dome temp of 225. Not too bad, but do wish I had the Guru. With little wind at all here in Townsend the Egg holds true (once again).

My only problem was last night at 2:00 am:
    I had 6 bags of lump (Wicked, Cowboy, and Natural)with only sifting worthy pieces. Sorta like the bottom of a trick or treat bag. After using my hands as a strainer, my arms, and somehow my face were not pretty. Not that I started pretty anyway :lol:

Anyway, fire is holding up nicely and the Butt is registering a plateau like 173 degrees right now...I hope she holds there for a while.

Time to go get a big bag of Wicked Good for Beer Can Chicken tonight after the Butt is done.

Have fun today all, drive safe if driving!
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I put two 7.5 lb butts on last night at 10:30 and hooked up my DigiQ for the first time.(Had it since November but my fear of all things digital kept it in the box until now :blush: ).Got up at 3AM just to check on it,A-OK! Both butts at 165* right now. Doing wings after the butts are done.
    Brian in PA
    Home of the world series champs and who knows what else :whistle: :woohoo:
  • BostonEggSox
    Options
    Home of World Series and Superbowl Champs??? Last time I checked the Pirates did not win the Series. :laugh:

All kidding aside, I have a business associate in Johnstown PA that says this does not count :)

He says Johnstown is sorta the border between the two states of Philly and the Burgh.

I must say that my yearly visit to Johnstown (fly into Pitt)is always planned around a trip to PNC Park. It is an absolutely gorgeous park. #2 behind Fenway of course ;)