Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mahi Mahi suggestions..

Horn Dog
Horn Dog Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

I bought a packet of frozen Mahi Mahi 4" steaks from Sam's. They are probably 2" thick. Does anyone have suggestions on how to cook on the Big Green Egg? I have never done fish before....[p]Thanks,
Horn Dog

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Apply your favorite seasoning for fish and grill over direct coals. I do my fish at 350-400° for about 5 minutes per side, maybe a little longer for 2" thickness. If you don't have any Dizzy Pig rubs, Tony Chechere's (sp?) Cajun Seasoning is very popular. Old Bay works well, too.[p]Jim
  • Horn Dog
    Horn Dog Posts: 14
    JSlot,[p]Thanks...should I use my vegetable grill or put direct on the main grill?
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Horn Dog, if they're steaks (if they are filets, I would not) you can put them directly on the grill. Oil the grill well (a paper towel saturated with olive oil can coat it nicely) right prior to putting the fish steaks on. Do not flip more than once.

• Horn Dog, I buy those frozen filets all the time. I sprinkle with lemon pepper salt, pat of butter, place on alulminum foil, curve the edges up just a tad and cook for approx 5-7 min. after thawing the filets out. love em, love em, love em. All the other suggestions work well also, as mahi mahi is a wonderfully easy fish to prepare in numerous ways. enjoy.