Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat thermometer

Options
JR
JR Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lookin' for a good digital one...with multiple probes. Any brand/model suggestions? Thanks JR

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I like my Maverick ET-73 which has 2 probes and separate alarms. You can find it for about $40 online.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    The ET-73 is a good dual probe remote thermometer, however, I use mine as a reference.

When I get close to done the only thermometer to us is a Thermoworks Thermopen. Yes, it is expensive and well worth every penny.

I really fought getting one after it was recommended to me when I asked the forum, which one.

I spent as much money buying non thermopen thermometers trying to save money, and then, after all that I got the Thermopen.

It has been one of the best accessories for cooking I have ever gotten, egg and non egg cooking. The next thing I did was learn to cook to temperature using time as a guide.

It made a big improvement on how the food I cook came out.

GG
  • Bluecrab3
    Bluecrab3 Posts: 328
    Options
    Mavericks are pretty common; they actually make the dual temp one for BGE. I received one for Christmas and the probe for the grid temperature blew after 1/2 of one use....sent it back to maverick and they sent me a replacement for free.
  • JR
    JR Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the help!