Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT or NOT -- Pork Chili Recipe

Options
jeffinsgf
jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife's subscription to Cooking Light has been an extremely pleasant surprise for many years. The recipes are rarely "low cal" by virtue of chemical ingredients, but more likely just good wholesome ingredients (and not so low cal, anyway).

This month they had a slow cooked pork chili. It could easily be done on the Egg, but I wussed out and did it inside Sunday. It is easily adaptable to Egg, DO on stove top or Crockpot. I did DO on stovetop. Quite a bit of prep work, but a delicious bowl of chili when all is said and done. We're both heat tolerant, but I balked at the recipe's 3 Tablespoons of chili powder. I cut it to two (one Tb of Penzey's Chipotle and one of Penzey's Medium Hot), and it was still next to nuclear. Of course, I also browned the meat in a healthy dose of Swamp Venom :evil:

It calls for a pound of pork shoulder, so I bought a butt and deboned it, using the "flap" for the chili and the big hunk will go in the Egg tonight for PP tomorrow.

Smoky Slow Cooker Chili

Comments