Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin temp & time

Options
Vogs
Vogs Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put a 2.75 lb pork loin in brine last night. Plan on cooking tonight. I was thinking indirect at around 325 until internal temp of 155. Any idea how long this will take? Any other suggestion on cooking method? [p]Thanks,
Vogs

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    vogs,
    I did a 2.5 pound one last weekend. I cooked direct at 325-350 for almost an hour. Turned it once at 30 minutes. It was excellent! Very tender!

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    vogs,
    I have done several of these at 350¡ indirect and cooked to 145¡ internal. Usually takes 1.5 hours or so. I let it set for 20 minutes or so before slicing. They have always turned out wonderful or better. I just marinate in Italian dressing for a few hours or overnight, rub with Dizzy Dust and use lots of apple wood. I also lay several strips of bacon lenghtwise over the top and tie those in place to keep from drying out the meat. Unless you like your pork really well done, it might be a little dry at 155¡.