Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging at Work

Options
Pig Sooie
Pig Sooie Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today is a good day. I am a lawyer here in Little Rock and one of the partners, who has an Egg, convinced me about a year ago to buy one. Needless to say, it's been one of the best purchases I've ever made.[p]Anyway, we recently added on to our firm and in the process, created a small, outdoor courtyard-like area with a picnic table, deck, landscaping, etc. The area has locked iron doors so as to keep out would-be thiefs, etc. Of course, room was also left for some sort of grilling mechanism which could be fired up on laid-back Friday afternoons, for office parties and special occasions, etc.[p]Well, as of about an hour ago, a big, fat, bright green, large Egg with iron daisy wheel is sitting out there on a nest---its interior as white as it will ever be---ready to be de-virginized via ribs, pork tenderloin, etc. Best of all is we got it free from someone who owed one of my bosses a favor.[p]Of course, the secretaries don't see what the big friggin' deal is. They will soon know, of course. [p]Sorry. Just needed to tell some folks who would realize the significance of such a grand moment.[p]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Pig Sooie, well, I guess the line would be: "What do you think of a lawyer cooking on a Big Green Egg?" [p]"Well, if you used enough sauce and cooked him low and slow, he might be edible." [p]OK, I have to pick on the lawyers. My brother is an attorney who swears he thinks ther eis something in the ceramic that causes you to do foolish things. I gave him a mini for Christmas a couple of years ago and he says that he cannot believe he will light up the egg to cook a single hamburger. [p]You know, I don't need an attorney right now, but if I did, I think I would drop by your office - on a Friday afternoon, around 5:30 PM. :-)

• Julie
    Julie Posts: 133
    Options
    Wise One,
    Isn't it great to be able to cook on the Egg for lunch. We do it quite frequently. Wouldn't be much fun here today in Sioux City. After 3 days of upper 80 degree weather, it's snowing today!!!!! Lucky we had the warm weather first or we would have a couple of feet of snow on the ground.
    Julie

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Pig Sooie,[p]Is that you Slick Willie?[p]Jethro
  • Pig Sooie
    Options
    Jethro,[p]If I were Bill, I'd be smoking something other than ribs, of course.[p]No, I actually like the guy.

• Pig Sooie
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I wish you could drop by---I think we've even got some beer in the office refrigerator.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Pig Sooie, I can see him now. "I cannot lie. I did chew that rib but I did not swallow." LOL