Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT:Historic Charleston & the Southeastern Wildlife

Options
YB
YB Posts: 3,861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are planing on going to this and spend a few days in Charleston and was wondering if anyone else from the forum is going.
Larry

http://www.sewe.com/sewe.asp

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'm actually going to Charleston for a few days next weekend. We may head back down for this event next month (if I can talk the outlaws into watching the kids for another weekend!).

Charleston is a great city for a short weekend getaway.
  • YB
    Options
    We really like Charleston also Rod.We will be staying at the Charleston Marriott.There are alot of eggers that live around the Charleston area.
    Larry
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    sorry no i will not be going but if you are going to charleston you have to try hanks

http://hanksseafoodrestaurant.com/

very good i highly recomend it ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Agreed, Hank's is quite good. So is Magnolia's.
  • YB
    Options
    Thanks we will try it.
    Larry
  • WhackJob
    Options
    I have a house in Charleston and can make many recommendations. Hanks and Magnolias are good but pricey. Hominy Grill is outstanding. Also the local go to Pearlz for oysters and drinks. Let me know if you would like some out of the way spots..Seewee restaurant is out of town but great and there is an awesome dive in Mt Pleasant called the wreck. Also, Reds in Mt Pleasant is a great place to havr a bear.
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Options
    Larry,

If you get the chance, try to get over to The Fat Hen. It is on the Kiawah Island (south) side of Charleston. Maybe a 20 minute drive from downtown, but super worth it. Try the cole slaw for sure as it has blue cheese and bacon in it.
    Also, the only place that I will eat a steak while out is The Oak in Charleston. Tremendous steaks and awesome atmosphere.

We have a place in Kiawah and get over to the Charleston area quite often. Kelly loves Magnolias too.
  • YB
    Options
    Thank you...We will try a few of them on this trip.
    Larry
  • YB
    Options
    Thanks Chris I am printing all of these out.We use to go to Wild Dunes every year with family but the condo was sold after it lost the top two floors and built a place at the lake.
    Larry
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Options
    Hope you can make one or both of those. Shoot me a line when you get back home. Have a great and safe trip!