Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome PP Enchiladas

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I've been working my tail off lately, my hubby has been surprising me with egg cooks. Last night was Pizza (turned out spectacular, and that's coming from a lady who doesn't like pizza much!) and Thursday night was Pulled Pork Enchiladas. I came dragging in and he had everything ready to go. All I had to do was roll them up and wait for the results. [p]We used nikkig's recipe with one modification...a can of red enchilada sauce added before topping with her yummy white sauce. Boy, what an excellent way to use some pulled pork! They were super! Thanks nikkig for sharing your success...[p]I'll post a pic later when I can get it to the server.[p]QBabe
:~)

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    QBabe,
    Can you point me in the direction of that recipe? I've got several F/S bags of p/p and would like a change from just sandwiches. Thanks!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    06_22_0017_57_01_small.jpg
    <p />RRP, check out the link -- PP make great Enchiladas!
    [ul][li]Enchiladas[/ul]
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Options
    Gfw,
    The Sundown Cafe here in Atlanta makes Enchiladas-Tacos with pulled pork. Very creative Southwestern-Mexican food.
    Mark

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    RRP,
    Heres the link for mine that QBabe used. We don't care for the red sauce...it seems too greasy for our tastes. I have never tried mixing it with my white sauce like QBabe did though, might have to give that a try some time. [p]~nikki

[ul][li]Enchaladas[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    QBabe,
    Glad you enjoyed them. We haven't done pulled pork in a while. I think I might do one this week...enchaladas and pork sammiches sound really good! We don't care for the red sauce, it seems too greasy for our taste. Did mixing it with the white sauce cut down on the greasiness?[p]~nikki

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    nikkig,[p]Must have, since I didn't really notice any greasiness. We just poured the red sauce on, then topped with the white sauce and sprinkled grated mexican cheese. MMMMmmmmmm![p]Tonia
    :~)