Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butternut and Blue Stuffed Pork Loin

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I followed the recipe on foodnetwork.com making only minor changes. It went on indirect at 270ish dome until internal meat temp hit 148. Oh yeah, mixed in a bunch of Apple wood chips for smoke.

The gravy was awesome. I did not get pics of the gravy. It was simple to make. Simmer a cup of low salt chicken broth, 1/4 cup of cooking sherry along with 1 TBS of chopped fresh sage. Lower heat and mix in a TBS of cornstarch and a TBS of blue cheese chunks and bits. More of both if you want it thicker.

If you like blue cheese, you'll like this.

On to the stuffing. Pan'up 3 slices of bacon, crumble and leave the grease in the pan.
100_1798.jpg

Throw the diced butternut squash (3 cups) in the pan until it starts to soften. If you don't do this for a few minutes prior to the onions the squash will not get squashy enough.
100_1797.jpg

Now add the onions (1 cup) and brown.....I added 3 TBS of chopped sage at the end of the browning.
100_1800.jpg

Add the blue cheese and bread crumbs to the the bowl of bacon bits and mix it up. Then mix in the squash n onions and salt/pepper to taste. DO NOT ADD THE MEASURING CUPS to the bowl :)
100_1799.jpg

Expertly cut up, roll out and pound the pork loin. The expert at my house was not around so I did it ;)
100_1801.jpg

Spread the stuffing.
100_1802.jpg

Tie her up....the loin that is :woohoo: I dusted liberally with salt and pepper.
100_1803.jpg

On the Egg it goes...I tried the bacon trick that I've seen here on the forum.
100_1804.jpg

Pulled off at 148 meat temp....rested for 20 minutes....sliced.....and covered in the gravy.
100_1807.jpg

Comments