Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Korean Pork Barbecue

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for the gyros recipe mentioned by KennyG below, I found this on the Cooking Light web site. A couple of comments: I haven't made it, but plan to. I think pork loin would work as well as tenderloin. For meat sliced this thin, I think the basket is a must. When I make it, I'm planning a 350° temp.[p]Ken[p]Daeji Bulgogi
(Spicy Korean Pork Barbecue)
from Cooking Light, 03/05/03[p]INGREDIENTS
1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons sambal oelek or Thai chile paste
1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Cooking spray[p]INSTRUCTIONS[p]Wrap pork in plastic wrap; freeze 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Remove plastic wrap; cut pork diagonally across grain into 1/16-inch-thick slices.[p]Combine pork, sugar, and next 6 ingredients (sugar through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.[p]Prepare grill.[p]Place a wire grilling basket on grill rack. Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on grilling basket coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently.[p]
YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces)[p]NUTRITIONAL INFO
CALORIES 205 (29 percent from fat); FAT 6.6g (sat 2.1g, mono 2.7g, poly 1g); PROTEIN 26.5g; CARB 8.9g; FIBER 0.3g; CHOL 80mg; IRON 1.6mg; SODIUM 471mg; CALC 16mg