Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Suggestions for cooking a

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Boneless pork loin rib eye roast. I picked one up at the Supercenter that weighs 2.5lb. Is this something you cook low and slow or grill at 350 until done.[p]Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Duane in SW Missouri, these are very lean so a low and slow is not what is wanted. Try Mr. Toad's Stuffed Pork Loin that you can find in the "recipes" section.

[ul][li]Mr. Toad's Pork Loin[/ul]
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    I'd cook this at 350° indirect with your favorite rub. You can also brine or marinate it before cooking. It is a pretty lean cut, so you want to cook it fairly quickly to avoid drying out. I pull my pork loins and tenderloins at about 140° internal.[p]Jim
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Duane in SW Missouri,[p]Sear over high heat for 5 minutes per side. Back the heat off to 400º and cook until 140-145º.[p]I turn mine every 10 minutes or so and baste after turning.[p]Should take a total of about 45-60 minutes to finish.[p]Stogie