Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken ABTs

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished off a batch of Atomic Buffalo Turds that were awesome (the wife said they were the best yet). I didn't have any leftover pork or brisket that I usually use so I used some chicken. Pounded some boneless breast flat, oiled a bit and coated liberally with Tsunami Spin (quickly becoming my favorite rub, thank you Nature Boy). Grilled up the chicken, cut into strips, added to the ABTs and cooked as usual. Very, very good.[p]Have a great night everyone.[p]Chuck <><

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Chuck,
    Dummie-do-little here, ABTs...are they hors d'oeuvres or a meal? If the latter what do you serve with them for the meal?
    Wifey can't take hot stuff at all, so I skim over the long threads about ABTs, but someday I just might have to try them

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    RRP,[p]They are more of an hor d'oeuvre than a meal. I had them tonight with some quesadillas and a few wings. Your wife would like them if you clean out all the seeds and the veins from the jalapeno, that is where most of the heat comes from. I usually do some cleaned out real well for those who don't like the heat and clean less for those who do. They are very tasty, you should give them a try some time.[p]Chuck <><

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    RRP, Definitely an appetizer. They are a little on the heavy side and yes, they tend to be "hot". I usually blanch the peppers in boiling water after cleaning. This seems to get some of the remaining "heat" out of the pepper. Strictly for the wife's sake.
    You can easily oversmoke them as well. Go light on the wood. Just my personal opinion. Mac