Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Sweet Peppers

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought this VERY large box of mini sweet peppers because they were gorgeous. All kinds of lovely colors. Anyone have a vague idea on what to DO with them? Other than put tiny bulbs in them and use them for Christmas lights, that is.

Comments

• Porkchop
    Porkchop Posts: 155
    Options
    Mollyshark, did you get those at sams? i was thinking of getting some to make ABT's, with maybe some pineapple cream cheese in the middle.[p]you could also just saute them and put them on polish sausage or italian sausage.[p]or pickle them?

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Mollyshark,
    I did the same thing...got them from Costco. I like to slice them in l/4's, add red onion, grape tomatoes sliced in half, a cucumber chopped, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, fresh parsley, and coarse-ground pepper. Let it sit out while you throw some sort of animal on the Egg...it is better at room temp.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Porkchop,[p]I gave into the Costco phenomenon. Go in to get 2 new pillows and come out with $250 worth of stuff...including an extremely large package of peppers. Sigh. But the yoga outfit has worked out nicely as has the car floor mats and the bird seed catcher.[p]Since there is a leg of lamb slowly cooking today, the pepper salad sounds like a nice accompaniment. I'll put aside some for the poppers. By Friday, I could use them!