Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Meat Source (Expensive)

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ran across this while looking up something else. I found it interesting.

http://www.marvinsgourmetfood.com/store/details.asp?catid=11

They sell Buckhead meats (now owned by Sysco's) and we just happened to have two 2" Buckhead filet's tonight. They were slow cooked direct on Shirley Small for about 30 - 35 minutes. Pretty darn good.

BuckheadSteaksonslowcook12-28-08.jpg

BuckheadSteakonPlate12-28-08.jpg

The Tater-Tots were to celebrate Lawn Ranger's birthday.

Spring "Eat'n Far Too Well For My Spot In The Peck'n Order" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Dang that looks good Leroy. Are the prices for each steak? Man, that's high.
    I cooked a prime, prime rib yesterday that I dry aged for 14 days. It was way yonder good. Had some left overs but the kids packed them away with the rest of their loot.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Welcome home Willy.

No, the prices are for a certain number of pieces. We had the ones at the top:

6oz Choice Filet (MGGF)
    Price: $139.00 $127.00 Portion: 12

That would equate to $10.58 ea or $28.22 per pound.

The same size Kobe Beef filets would be $54.75 each or $146.00 per pound.

The Texas Lottery Commission is keeping me from eating the Kobe Beef by holding my money until I come get it.

After today only thin pieces of Kroger out of date select with freezer burn will fit into the Ranch budget.

Spring "Dead Cows Tell No Tails" Chicken
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,908
    Options
    How big was your prime rib that you aged? and how closely did your method of aging follow today's thread on aging? And lastly...you said it was Prime so what did Prime cost down there in TX? How much longer are you home before you go back to China? Nosey SOB ain't I? :laugh:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Then most everybody on this forum is eating too well for there spot on the pecking order. Ahhh; the benefits of the BGE and this forum. An early toast to the New Year and the great meals too come. An awesome looking meal. We’re going low key with pinto beans and corn bread. Wanna trade?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,908
    Options
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    I'm working on a reply. I will start a new thread with pictures.