Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to keep pulled pork till tonight?

Options
Luvs to shoot clay
Luvs to shoot clay Posts: 774
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was hoping my butts would not be done until later today but at midnight they were already at 190. I pulled them off the egg and wrapped them in foil and kept them in the oven at 150 till this morning. I pulled the pork and it is still very moist and tasty (I will take a tagamet later. How should I keep it till a party tonight? If I refrigerate it, what is the best way to reheat it for tonight?

Comments

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Good question, I am hoping I will not have to face that tomorrow. I am putting 3 butts on tonight @ 18:00 hrs for a pulled lunch tomorrow. I'll be watching for suggestions.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    For quality sake I suggest you put it in zip lock bags with some sauce. Get as much of that air as possible out If you can vacuum seal it you should. Refrigerate it.

When you need to reheat place the zip locks in boiling water. Try to keep the opening above water.
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    In the future it is perfectly fine to wrap the whole butt in saran wrap really well. Let cool for a couple of hours then refrigerate. When you want to use it just heat in a 275 oven still wraped to an internal temp of 140/150 and pull. It will take a couple of hours in a regular home oven. You will not tell the dif between a fresh pul;led and the one you stored in the frige. Good luck to ya and a Merry Christmas. Tom
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    That's what makes this forum so great.

Merry Christmas to all of you!