Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Ribs with Apricot Glaze

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]Just wanting to know if anyone has used an apricot based glaze/sauce on their ribs or on anything for that matter. If you have, how did you like it? I picked up a bottle at Wal Mart just for grins and was pleasantly surprised.[p]This weekend I did some country ribs, bought fresh on Thursday for $.67/lb. Couldn't pass that up. The family has really come to like the country ribs. Other than the satisfaction of chewing the meat off a spare or a baby back, the country rib gives much better results in my opinion. They are quite a bit more forgiving to cook as well as they are so thick and meaty. Anyway, cooked up a bunch of those on Sunday and used that apricot glaze. I wish I could remember the name and will get it if anyone is interested but it was wonderful on those ribs. I used a pretty salty rub on purpose and that sweet sauce on top of that made for a pretty tasty result.[p]Ribs were cooked indirect for 3 hours at 350, sauced the last 30 minutes or so.[p]Just curious,[p]Troy