Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheat Temp

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, if you've cooked pork roast to finished temp (190-205) and then wrapped and totally cooled for use later.....what temp do you reheat it to for consumption? I did 3 small pieces of butt to test some rubs, and they reached 180, 193 and 199 respectively (different sizes). Wrapped in foil, cooled and am now reheating. What temp do you recommend I pull them at when reheating? Do I need to go to 200 again?
Qfan

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    BBQfan1, I wouldn't reheat until after you've pulled it (assuming you did it for pulled pork). They will pull OK once they're cooled but you may have a bit of fat left. It slides out really easy when hot but after cooling you may find it a little less likely to slide around. I usually let mine cool for about an hour before pulling (because I actually pull by hand - I can't get the knack of two forks cat fighting down) and it is still pretty hot as I pull it. By the time I have pulled it, it has cooled even more and so I then put the pulled meat in the oven to heat for a bit at 350.