Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak'um

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Damaged message -- original body lost.

Comments

• WesB, Senseless humor indeed. I don't know which offends me more, their poking fun at someone who is not as "mentally developed," as they are or your excuses that are supposed to sound apologetic. [p]How am I NOT to be offended? Instead of defending these two persons making fun of people such as my son, why don't you tell us about a family member of yours that has a handicap or disability. Then we can crack jokes at their expense and yours!
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    Leona,
    I happened to be posterior challenged, and I really take offense to your posting of a man's bare posterior. There are more than 55 American's today who are posteriorly challenged, and surely they do not appreciate your disregard for their feelings. Maybe next time you'll think before you act and have some compassion to the un-endowed.[p]I couldn't resist, but seriously, if you want me to feel bad, do not sink to my immature level and be crude. Email me if you have a problem like that next time, and I will IMMEDIATLY apoligize, but if you come at Tim and I with blazing guns, don't expect sympathy.
    -Joel

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Leona,
    As I stated there would be someone who could be offended by a green spoptted cow climbing a tree.....I VERY seriously doubt that anyone meant you intentional offense..it is very unfortunate that you can relate so personally to the photo that was posted..and I meant no disrespect..but it was posted I would imagine only in the sense of humor..as far as my kids..I may very well be able to post pics of them wearing their gas masks in the next week or so..if the mask fail then maybe more explicit photos if thats what you`re asking for..........nuff said...lets get back to cookin[p]Wess

• Joel Ferman, I saw the King of the Hill episode you are referring to about being shorted in the posterior area. [p]I posted that picture because Tim loves posting pictures that have been manipulated. There were probably more people offended by the picture you two posted than the one I did.[p]I don't know if your last sentence was a threat or an apology. I would e-mail you Joel, but I am old enough to be your mother.

• WessB, I realize how hard it is to be 100% politically correct. Mental and physical disabilities are not that uncommon. I am sure I am not the only person that reads, lurks or posts on this forum who has a special needs child. I am just the only one besides dmj5x9 who spoke up in defense of those who cannot defend or speak up for themselves.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Leona:[p]This is not an issue of being politically correct, this is simply folks being just plain insensitive. In my minds eye, I see you being just a tough parent dealing with the daily issues that encumber a family member with mental disabilities, something many of us do not realize how severely our lives would be changed if we were in your shoes.[p]Why folks try to justify their ignorance as some have done here this evening is lost on me . . .
  • djm5x9, I don't think they are showing their ignorance, I think they are showing their narrow-mindedness and their immaturity. Some people in order to feel better about their shortcomings have to make fun of others who are physically or mentally challenged. I have found that those same people who fulfill their superiority by doing this are usually less emotionally developed as those they make fun of.[p]I realize that I set myself up for some of this insensitivity by posting the altered picture from Tim's site. I did it because Tim appreciates that stuff and I wanted to show that I too have a sense of humor. But the only person I was belittling was Tim himself, no one else.[p]I can see now why I mainly lurk. Other than yourself, there don't seem to be many class individuals posting here. No one else seemed to mind that a picture of a "retarded" boy scout and his "retarded" adult leader was used as a "joke." Thank you for showing some integretity by posting your comments to me.
  • Joel Ferman
    Options
    Leona,
    HAHAHAH, hey thats a riot, only the kid has downsyndrome, the scount leader is fine. You sure your son has downsyndrome?
    -Joel

• Joel Ferman, I put the word, "retarded," in quotation marks to stress that the word was being used loosely and not in a definitive sense. The word retarded is an offensive catch- all term used by people such as yourself, who stereotype anyone who has some sort of mental or physical disability. [p]Since you seem to know so much about Down's syndrome, perhaps you can tell us why it is acceptible social behavior to publicly mock someone who suffers from this genetic defect.