Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Top Eye of Round Results!!!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not a bad hunk of meat...somewhere between brisket and prime rib I suppose!! After some of you weighed in with some suggestions, and a little extra research on the side, here's a winner on an inexpensive but tasty cut:
2.75lb. Top Eye of Round Roast. I slathered it with olive oil and red wine vinegar and rolled it around about 10 times to mix the two, and then proceeded to dust it with Montreal Steak Seasoning, oregano, hickory smoked salt...on all sides. Let is sit in the frig for about 8 hours.
Got the Egg up to about 600 and plopped the beef on the grid direct to sear both sides and get some grill marks on each side. Then removed the beef and threw about two handfuls of well-soaked hickory and wine-flavored oak chips on for the smoke. Then placed an upside down plate setter on, in which I positioned a drip pan filled with a couple cups of red wine, 1 cup of beef broth/bouillion, and chopped garlic and onion. Sat the beef on top of the grill above the drip pan and setter and cooked for about 75 minutes at 340. Pulled at a Polder read 127 internal. Still pink in the center---any more and it would've been beef jerky...whew!! Everyone loved it!!
Big Murth