Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings?

Options
Auburnegger
Auburnegger Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to do buffalo/chicken wings? I have read indirect and direct. I want crispy wings and I am going to rub them with lemon pepper seasoning. thanks.

Comments

• Smokin Tiger
    Options
    There are many ways to cook wings. If you like them breaded, these are very good.

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I usually cook mine indirect with an aluminum foil drip pan. I cook them at 400 degrees for 1 hour and then I coat them with Frank's red hot sauce and throw the wings back direct on for 10 minutes at 350 to get some nice grill marks & crisp up....like the above post there are many ways to do wings....
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Done them with many differnt set ups and my favorite is 350, riased direct. I put a large grid on top of my Adjustable Rig with lump only up to the bottom of the fire ring. Takes about an hour, turning them every 15 minutes. VERY crispy...try them with just Bad Byron's butt rub...suace is optional.
  • fannybones
    Options
    I agree many good ways to do wings. I usually do mine direct with Byron's Butt Rub and finish with Old Mule sauce. I also place some thighs on along with wings. If you like chicken salad I cook some breasts with Byron's then debone and make chicken salad. The sis better than the boil method.