Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just checking

Options
JWhirlwind
JWhirlwind Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just checking to see what all are cooking Thursday.

MC Jerry

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We have 15 for dinner at my sisters on Thursday in Portland Me.
    1 30.52 pound turkey and a 12 pound spiral ham.
    Ham will be egged but not the huge bird :(
    then: fresh green beans, baby white onions in Parmesan cheese sauce, carrots, squash, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, fresh cran sauce and a molded salad. Oh and a mixture of wild rice, apples and red onions and red wine i do that is yummy. I won't even go into desserts....
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Thurs 2 people: Prime Rib Roast, Potato Casserole, Asparagus, Biscuits & Sweet Potato Pie

Fri 8 people: Stuffed Tostitos, Pig Candy, ABT's, Pulled Pork & Pizzas...also Sweet Potato Cheesecake

Sat 6 people: Mad Max Turkey, Sweet Potato & Banana Souffle, Green Beans, Biscuits, Rice & Gravy, Stuffing Cups & Apple Sauce Roll

Sunday: Leftovers....mmmmmm
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I'll do this Vidalia's way

Today: 1 person Turkey Leg
    Tomorrow: 1 person.. don't know..
    Thursday: 6 people, Two Turkeys, stuffing, baked potatoes and sweet taters.
    Friday: 1 person Yummy Leftovers.
    Saturday: 28 people.. Baked Ham, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole. Sweet Tater Casserole., Apple Pies (Dutch, Cream, and All-American).. Rolls.
  • Egg And I
    Options
    Four people: Turkey breast, gravy, dressing, cranberry/orange sauce, roasted root vegetables, apple tart.
  • Rooster K
    Options
    2 people- fillet xeRT’ed , roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic glaze, and sweet potatoes.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Turkey & Ham.

GG
  • JWhirlwind
    Options
    I have done Prime 7 bone twice on my Egg. I don't think there is another way to do a prime. But damn the cost of the meat is out there. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hot dogs for this ol'cat
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Meat cost soo much nowadays.   For sure.
    Options
    You've seen real meat?  I've only read about it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin