Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Starting Grill

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Am I doing something wrong? It is taking forever to start my BGE. How long is the standard time for BGE to heat to 700 for steaks? I use the starter (fire lites from BGE) and BGE natural charcoal and I have the top open and the bottom vent opened too?????? Thanks

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Jan Pappas,
    Hi,
    You might give the forum a little more information, are you new to the egg, have you had the egg at high temps. before and are now having trouble getting it to high temps??? It's hard to help without some background on what is going on.[p]If the egg is new, do you have the fire box cutout lined up with the vent opening??? If you have used the egg before are you sure the fire grate holes are not plugged??? Do you have enough lump for fuel to get to high temps.???[p] Do you know about the flashback???
    New Bob