Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT Question - quick

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you cook the halved peppers stuffed with cream cheese/pork mixture wrapped in bacon, do you have to turn them to cook the bacon or prevent burning? If you do, doesn't the cc/p mixture ooze out the open half? Just trying to think this thing through... Thanks.[p]

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    IMG_0608.JPG
    <p />Cornbread Willy, these aren't made on the EGG, but you won't be sorry...[p]Life is GOOD :~}

[ul][li]SGP[/ul]
  • Gfw,
    Do you know where I Can see a Picture of some ABT'S being cooked? Any pics would help! Thanks!![p]MetroFire

• METROFIRE,[p]Here you go.

[ul][li]ABT's[/ul]
  • Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    Cornbread Willy, Funny you should ask... I coooked my first batch hours ago an they turned out as weel as expected. To answer your question from my own perspective...
    1. Yes, I did turn mine once because I cooked them direct 325 for thirty min.
    2. Yes, the cheese oozed out slightly but I did stuff as much as I could inside of them. However, I was treated to an even greater treat because the cheese/pork mixture that oozed out turned a delightful brown color and tasted wonderful. (none dripped through the wire as expected) Don't worry, these are very easy to cook. The most of the time is spent with the prep work. Have a great Sunday and enjoy your ABT's. Mac

• SaySeeBone,
    Do you cook thse Direct or Indirect and at what Temp for how long? Thanks![p]Metro

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    AtomicTurdsongrill.jpg
    <p />Cornbread Willy,
    We cook ours direct on a raised grate, on a fish/veggie grid, or a coleman basket. We do not flip them. Cook at 350* for about 30 minutes or until the bacon is done. Hubby prefers his stuffed with pulled pork. [p]~nikki