Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg foo young

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have recently discovered that my medium egg was flown over from Japan by its' previous owner . This may account for the Japanese dialect hammered into the lid and the "no thermometer hole " Its grill is 14.75 inches and like I said before , is in eggsellent condition . My distributor though , has let me down . He sent me to a reputable dealer and had NO parts . I need a thermometer and a daisy wheel before I get started. Please note that I WILL post photos of this egg before and after the installation of the thermometer . I can't wait !!!! Maybe when you all see this egg , we will finally get to the bottom of this egg dilemma of mine .

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dave,
    Let me fill you in just a bit on what you might have.
    The information I have comes directly from one of the Japanese Manufacturers..
    "The "Kamado" was made in the early 1900's for use as a rice cooker, called the Mishikamado." "From the 1950's the current shaped models were made for US military and civilian personel and their families stationed in Japan." "Kamado is a common Japanese word when translated into english means "oven" and so cannot be registered I believe."[p]Quotes by the honorable Makato Nagaoka, owner of Imperial Kamado. as given in a document 09/October/1999[p]Perhaps your's is one of the early models.[p]Cheers..C~W[p][p][p]

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Dave,[p] HI, check your e-mail. might help with parts.[p] Earl