Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTS

Options
The Other Dave
The Other Dave Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried various searches (ABTS, turds, etc,) checked archives and recipes with no luck. HELP! I want to make these for the Superbowl!

Comments

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    Nikkig should be along shortly...if not, email her...she does them all the time.

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    Here's the thread on how we do them. We have made them with pulled pork, sausages, and hamburger. Pulled pork was the best. We cook them on a fish/veggie grid (or Coleman basket) around 350 until the bacon is doone, usually about 30 minutes. [p]Hope this helps
    ~nikki

[ul][li]Buffalo Turds[/ul]
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    WEAR GLOVES!! (see link)

[ul][li]Last Year....... :-([/ul]
  • Mike McQ
    Options
    Toe 49,
    The following is for mature reading:[p]Reminds me of an incident last summer. We'd stopped at a roadside vegetable market run by some Hispanic folk. Amoung other things Debi & I were sampling some Habaneros. Now those puppies a little dab 'll do ya for sure! Anyway, one of the proprietors, middle-aged gent, pulled me aside and recounted one of his uses for Habanero peppers.[p]One day he has making some salsa which had habaneros in it. A short time later he & his wife had an *intimate encounter*. He had not thoroughly washed the habanero away. He says it really spiced up the foreplay and he sometimes now intentionally uses a *touch* of habanero to heat things up![p]True story. However, we HAVE NOT tried it!!! Guess I'm just not a true chilli head:)

• Grate Grills
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    These things are wonderfull. If you like things a little hot, add some habenero sauce to the creamcheese mixture. After pulling the seeds and ribs out of jalapeno's and then cooking them they loose most of there heat

• The Other Dave
    Options
    nikkig, ThankS! Haven't had a chance to check for rep;ies until just now. Well, it's off to the store for the jalapenos.

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Toe 49, I remembered that thread! I did almost the same thing, but with Thai peppers. I even managed to touch my eye before I realized what was happenening to my hands!

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    I'm staying away from those this year....although my younger brother told enough folk about it that one of his buddies bought me disposable plastic gloves.....a lot of 500...I use them any time I touch hot peppers....