Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storing and Reheating Pulled Pork?

Options
Cornbread Willy
Cornbread Willy Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In celebration of the expected 9 degree night here in Virginia, I'm going to rock a 7 lb. butt to sleep tonight for some pulled pork Sat evening. Probably will have some leftovers - and my Foodsaver 1050 arrived just in time! Haven't even used that puppy yet. Any suggestions for storing PP - i.e., how much in each bag? Do you do the whole vacuum seal or do you use that manual seal job? What's the best way to re-heat? Many thanks for any tips you can offer.

Comments

• Roy Fraser
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,
    Had some last night from the foodsaver bag. I do the full seal on mine. I reheat mine by placing the bag in boiling water for a few minutes. Comes out great. As for how much in one bag is up to how many people in your family. As for mine we put quite a bit in one bag. Them boy's of mine are carnivores. They aint on PETA lovers. Good luck with the cook tonight. Going down to 9° here in TN. I want to leave you with one thought.... GO TITANS!!!!!!

• Cornbread Willy
    Options
    Pigtail, Tell you what, I'll pull for the Titans if you pull for the Blue Devils against the Terps! GO DUKE!![p]
  • SSDawg
    SSDawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Cornbread Willy,[p]Had season tickets to Duke B-ball when I was growing up. Had them for the first 2 national championship seasons. Those were some fun games.[p]Needless to say, I think you'll handle the Terps.
  • Big John
    Options
    Pigtail,
    You got to love that Food Saver. I also had some pulled pork for lunch today from a butt I cooked 2 weeks ago. I put about as much as is needed for half a dozen sandwiches in a bag and also do the full seal thing. Tasted just great today.
    Have a good "cold" weekend. It's supposed to get down to about 5º here in the Shenandoah Valley in Va. tonight.[p]Big John