Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pumpkin pie bar recipe .......

Options
beetzchick
beetzchick Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
:( hi if any one has the recipe from a few years back that was posted by a man for his pumpkin pie bars I HAVE MISS PLACED MINE........... and need a copy of it it was a much requested dessert here....if you have it plez send to Beetzchick@aol.com ty so much and have a grt Thanksgiving all

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Don't know about what was posted a few years ago, however here is a great one from my local newspaper a few yezars baack.

Dessert, Pumpkin, Bars

inGREDIENTS:
    1 Cup Mashed Potato Flakes
    3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Packed
    2 Tsps. Cinnamon, Ground
    1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine, Melted
    2 Tbs. Light Corn Syrup
    1 1/4 Cups Whole-Wheat Flour
    1 Tsp. Baking Powder
    1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon, Ground
    1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg, Ground
    1/4 Tsp. Ginger, Ground
    1/2 Tsp. Salt
    1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
    1/2 Cup Shortening
    2 Eggs
    1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
    1/2 Cup Pumpkin, Canned

Procedure:
    1 Combine potato flakes, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and corn syrup; mix until crumbly. Reserve for topping.
    2 Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking soda. Beat together shortening and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar in mixing bowl. Beat in eggsone at a time. Add vanilla and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread in 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with crumb mixture; press down lightly.
    3 Bake in 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until a food pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan. Cut into 1-by-2 1/2 inch bars.

Yield: 45 Bars

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Source: Florida Today
  • beetzchick
    Options
    rICHARDFL Thank you so much for this recipe it isnt the one I wanted but sure will try this also :) ty again ;)