Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked pumpkin seeds

Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had too many leftover Halloween pumpkins. Did the usual oven-roast thing for most of the seeds, but then got to thinking, as Eggers will: can these things be Egged?[p]Yep. I rinsed them and then tossed them in a plastic bag with sesame oil and season salt. Put some oak chunks on the fire. I put my pizza stone [16 incher from Crate and Barrel -- probably overpriced] onto the BGE and spread the seeds onto the stone. Brought the BGE slowly up to 300 and stirred the seeds every 10 minutes or so. Took about 45 minutes till they were toasted. Don't let them burn -- they'll get bitter.[p]They sort of have a bacon taste. They're pretty good. Great source of fiber, too -- kind of like eating very tasty wood chips. [Take my advice and chew very thoroughly.]