Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Becks in MN

Options
Mike in MN
Mike in MN Posts: 546
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted a reply to your question (on that bandwidth burners post), and by the time I got the answer pecked out on the PC, the forum had removed the entire posting. so here is a copy of my response, as I am sure you are wondering if you should drive over and pick up that new toy today or not. ;>[p]
Becks,[p]I bought mine last summer at a pool store off 35E and County Rd C. They were helpful and they had a Lg BGE in stock, so I broke down and bought one. I use Maple Leaf charcoal that I order over the internet.[p]It's a great grill, and it works wonders on most foods cooked on it. They dooo work! I prefer ribs and pork shoulders. Low temps, and slow cooks. [p]My main reason for purchasing was the ability to cook through our winters. I have had great luck. It lights and heats up faster than the gas grill. (anytime) I use an electric lighter ($10 Fleet Farm, Menards) and it is "going" in about 5-7 minutes. The weather has no effect on the grill. Wind, cold, darkness....it doesn't care. In fact, I have pork marinating now (rubbed) that I am going to grill either today or tomorrow. I haven't been outside yet today, but the wind chill LOOKS to be on the "minus" side. [p]I never cooked outdoors in the winter because I couldn't get the old gas grill heated enough to work its magic. Now I can stand out there and freeze, but I'm happy![p]Most recommendations and recipes can be found here on the forum, or their links. Feel free to write back to my E-mail, and I'd be glad to discuss the BGE. [p]Mike in MN (Brooklyn Park)
realtor@isd.net[p]