Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Years Eve Filets Recommendations

Options
blrmkr
blrmkr Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for some recommendations for 10oz filets

Comments

• SouthJerseyGrEGG
    Options
    blrmkr,[p]I just grilled some inch thick filets this past Saturday for my wife and parents! I took the Egg up to 600 degrees and grilled each side for 3 1/2 minutes for medium well. [p]Before grilling I lightly rubbed them down with a meat rub that I bought at the butcher shop, and allowed them to reach room temperature.[p]After Grilling:
    The steaks sat for about 10 minutes before serving. They say you should let them sit 15 to 20 minutes but my hungry group could not wait any longer! They were a big hit! My dad said "this is how steak should taste"! [p]I had one glitch.... The steaks were so tender that they came apart on the grill when I tried to turn them. This happened even after putting some oil on the grate! You might want to flip them like a burger when it is time to turn!

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    SouthJerseyGrEGG,
    Here is one way to do it.

[ul][li]filets &f fire[/ul]
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    South Jersey,
    Sorry! Meant to respond to BLRMKR.
    I do recall reading somewhere that if you flip the meat too early it will stick to the grill.[p]