Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spin Me Some Pizzas

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mr. Big is really eating well now. All of his accessories are finding a work out as well.[p]Yesterday, the plan was to make some pizza. Fortunately, I had some of Spin’s Sauce in the freezer from the last time. Well, I fired up Mr. Big and placed the plate setter and BGE Pizza stone on the grill and let every thing come up to temperature. This was a first for me with a plate setter and a BGE Pizza Stone. Another first was that I used the old-fashioned slide top and I really liked it. I have yet to try any other grates than the CharWoody Special Design (Ceramic/Expanded Metal) because it works so well.[p]Any way back to the pizza, I used King Arthur Flour and a new package of Fleischmann’s Instant Yeast. I picked up the flour on a whim and because I had read about people using it here. The yeast is not the kind that you get in the supermarket but rather the bulk kind that I purchased at Sam’s Club. You get two one-pound bags for something like five bucks and keeps for a long time in the refrigerator. Even if I do not use it all, it still cost less. It has a couple of advantage in that it rises at a lower temperature and it is added to the dry ingredients rather that proofed in perfect temperature water. When you would use one packed of regular yeast, you use about one and a half tablespoons of this yeast. I have been using this type of yeast for many years now and have yet to be disappointed.[p]Well, I made four pizzas and each one came out perfect. I used just sauce and cheese. The bottom and top of the pizzas came out perfect. The last pizza received half of a sliced onion and three cloves of thinly sliced garlic before the cheese, Yum. Each pizza was cooked for eight minutes at 550.[p]It was definitely some of the best thin crust pizza that I have ever had and much better than my first attempt on the small. Mr. Big and the plate setter made all of the difference.[p]Happy Baking,
RhumAndJerk[p]