Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:19 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who let their gas go to their heads.

Yes, a plumbing emergency but not at the same level as the one described in the last report. This one was fairly slow to build, giving me ample time to respond. In fact, I had at least one base time unit remaining by the time I arrived at the facility maintenance department. Mission accomplished.

I took the liberty to inspect the refrigeration illuminator while I was in vertical mode. It is also working well. So far, so good.

While I was in the food preparation area I also 'mashed the bag,' a necessary step in the preparation of ingredients for assembling Amish Friendship Bread. The contents of the bag arrived with instructions from Grandpas Grub in Outpost Utah to mash the bag' for a number of light periods, then add some ingredients, then continue mashing the bag for a few more light periods. Then add some more ingredients and heat. If this process actually produces 'Bread' then I shall have a whole new appreciation for those bags of bread sold in the market structure. On the other hand, Grandpas Grub may be chuckling to himself as he reasons that I am spending valuable time mashing the bag when I have a Ranch to run. Then on the final mashing day the bag explodes and I am covered in ingredients. Certainly he will hope for pictorial evidence of such an event should it occur, whether it turns out to be edible or messy. We shall see.

A glance out the external viewing portal toward the Coop suggested nothing out of the ordinary, well except that the 'girls' appeared to be hunkered down a bit lower than usual due to the chilled air. They seem to enjoy performing in cooler air than in the super-heated air during the hot period.

I moved on to the communications center where earlier I had received a message from "Teggasas" announcing that he had purchased a large Egg from Dealer John Henry, after having visited the Chicken Ranch during the Coop Party. He said he learned a lot about Big Green Eggs. Now he owns one and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of a table to complete the purchase cycle. Apparently, he paid attention at the Coop Party. That's a good thing.

I also had an earlier request from Bubba Tim for more data on the recent 'pot roast' I heated and displayed on the Forum. After reviewing my description of ingredients, Spring Hen informed me that I had forgotten a number of items. I had to perform a follow-up communication with a more detailed description of ingredients and assembly steps. Note to file: post said information on the Big Green Egg Forum for all to see so that they can more accurately duplicate the assembly/heating process.

Eggent Jaylockhart29 appears to be the only one reporting at this time period. I'm sure he will find reason to remain alert while I leave him and the others, all 8 Members and 200 Guests, to their own devices while I return to horizontal.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Wonders Never Cease" Chicken
Spring Texas USA