Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Quartz infared portable heaters

Options
smokinsop
smokinsop Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody have one of these such as the EdenPure or have any info about. Have a room in basement grandkids play in and it's chilly down there. Considering the XL1000.
B)

Comments

• civil eggineer
    Options
    I believe Consumer Reports analyzed some heaters and the EP didn't do so well but you should check for yourself. Resistant heat is resistant heat regardlous of any claims by a manufacturer. A $30 milkhouse heater would perform as well in my opinion. Radiant heaters are somewhat different and can be an excellent choice in certain situations. They don't heat the air as much as provide radiant heat like the sun warming you on a cool day but they need to be aimed at you.

Do some research before you part with a large chunk of money.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I have a two tube quarts heater I got from costco. It works pretty good, but it can burn if one of the kids touch it. I can mount mine if I desire, that way it would keep away from kids touching.

I mostly use a ceramic unit with a fan. Does not get hot to touch. It is small and put out a lot of heat.

GG