Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg of lamb recipe

Options
Wingnut
Wingnut Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks,[p]Here is a leg of lamb marinade recipe that some might want to try. It was sent to me by my uncle over a year ago, so I am not sure where it originated. [p]Wingnut[p]Butterflied Leg of Lamb Marinade - 5 pounds

Take boneless leg of lamb out of package, cut and remove strings. Rinse thoroughly in cold water, drain.

stuffed garlic (optional) - peel, split in halves, and stuff garlic cloves deep into meaty part of lamb, about 8 places

In a separate medium bowl mix the following ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 cup dark red wine - zinfandel, syrah, cabernet sauvignon or merlot
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 - 10 inch sprigs of fresh rosemary, pull through hand to remove leaves into marinade, discard sticks
2 tablespoons - chopped garlic
2 tablespoons worchetershire sauce
2 tablespoons oregano
2 tablespoons basil
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sea or regular salt

Optional to taste:
2 tablespoons chile powder
1 tablespoon dry mustard, prepared mustard or if necessary regular mustard
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon thyme

Place lamb into plastic freezer bag, a least a gallon size. Mix marinade thoroughly, pour into bag, opening lamb to equally disperse marinade and spices. Refrigerate overnight, turning and mixing lamb frequently to coat lamb evening. Save marinade to brush over lamb while cooking. Monitor temperature at deepest point of lamb, the remainder will cook next level or so. For example rare center, will produce medium rare and well done portions for thinner pieces, respectively. Let lamb rest approximately 10 minutes prior to carving.