Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temperature control

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I became interested in the BGE on the internet while searching for parts for a smoker. I found a page that had instructions for building an electric thermostat/temperature control that incorporated a fan. I have not been able to locate the page again. Does anyone have that page or other plans to do the same?

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Willy Coffey,
    Well it took some hunting but here it is.
    I hope that this was what you were looking for.
    RhumAndJerk

[ul][li]RIBS - Remotely Interactive BBQ Smoker[/ul]
  • Willy Coffey,
    Hats off to the inventor/designer/artisan. That's not hardware. It's art! :)[p]Just a few thoughts. I wonder if the actuator design could be simplified by building an adaptor. [p]The adaptor could be made of tin. One end curved to fit the over the opened Egg vent, the other square and flat with a door mechanism. [p](Note I’m don’t if an adaptor over the Egg vent would impede air flow)[p]The flat and square door mechanism would eliminate the need for a pivoting design; which in turn, could lead to a more compact and easier to actuate design. [p]If it’s easier to actuate a servo from a radio controlled car or plane could be used to open or close the door, although the cordless screw driver is still cheaper. [p]Good luck![p]CV[p]
    [p]